With so many people in our family with different dietary restrictions and preferences, it’s sometimes hard to come up with dishes that satisfy everyone’s needs. This scrumptious sauce paired with pasta and vegetables of your choice will please everyone in your family. It is one of the Richard Family favorites. It is a quick and easy recipe that requires less than 15 minutes prep times and can be made spicy enough to make even the most daring of your family members happy.
As always, I begin by gathering my ingredients and tools that I will need to get started. One of the great things about Puttanesca sauce is that you can add whatever is leftover in your refrigerator so the ingredients can change each time you prepare this meal. My wife and daughters love the olives added to the sauce, so here’s what I usually add to my ingredient’s list.
Watch The Video Here!
- Green Pitted Olives
- Organic Palmolive Olives
- Rao’s Homemade Marinara Sauce (Market Basket or Whole Foods)
- Pasta – We use a gluten free version as Patti is sensitive to gluten. The corn or rice pasta is our usual choice. It has all the taste with no bloat or heavy feeling after you have eaten it. If you can make your own pasta, this dish will taste even better the fresher the ingredients.
- Crushed Pepper (amount to your liking)
- Green Veggie of your choice such as broccoli, asparagus or a side salad works well with this dish.
- Pecorino Romano or Parmesan Cheese (amount to your liking)
- Begin by boiling your pasta water and getting that part going.
- While the pasta is cooking, dice the olives to your liking. We love the taste, so I tend to leave larger chunks tomix into the sauce.
- Start the sauce simmering on the stove and add the olives, stirring occasionally.
- Once the pasta is cooked to your liking, add to a bowl and pour the sauce on top as liberally as you like.
- Add a veggie or salad to your meal and enjoy!
If you are looking for a bit more protein in your meal, we love chopped up Bison meat in our sauce as added flavor, and it makes the dish very filling.