Fall for Peabody Festival
October 5 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Oct. 5th: Peabody’s First Fall For Peabody Festival
In celebration of the progress that Peabody continues to make, we are throwing a FREE, all day festival packed with an exciting bike ride, music, games + activities, and a pop-up pub at Lt. Ross (Cy Tenney) Park + Crystal Lake! Come check out our ever-improving bike path, water fountain, and boat launch. Kids or no kids, there will be something for you. Scroll down for details, biker registration, and schedule of activities for the day.
10am Kick-off with a relaxed, 11-mile foliage bike ride along the Independence Greenway:
The event kicks off at 10am with a beautiful, 11-mile bike ride. The route will begin at West Church on Johnson St. and end at Lt. Ross Park (also on Johnson St.). Riders will enjoy a relaxed, 11-mile foliage ride along the Independence Greenway and learn more about its exciting plans for the future.
Bikers: This is intended to be a nice ride for “any body”–not a race. Bikers must provide own bikes and we ask that you please pre-register at www.peabodyrecreation.com or arrive prior to the bike ride to register the day of. FOR MORE INFO + REGISTRATION, CLICK HERE.
11:30am and on: Games + Refreshments
For non-bikers, starting at 11 am, Lt. Ross (Cy Tenney) Park will have a variety of games (kid + adult friendly), pumpkin
painting, food, ice cream, cider, and more. Music + entertainment will be provided by DJ CaS.
12pm: Kiddie Costume Bike Parade + Contest
At 12pm, have your little ones ready in their most creative costume! We’ll be doing a short but sweet bike parade/costume contest at Lt. Ross (Cy Tenney) Park.
1-3pm: Crystal Lake Activities
From 1-3pm, we’ll be at Crystal Lake to experience some exciting fly fishing demos by Hooked Guide Services, as well as SUP + Kayak Demos from Kayak Learning Center. If that’s not enough, we’ll also have some friendly visitors from Curious Creatures down by the lake.
3-6: Pop-Up Pub
After the Crystal Lake activities, we’ll be back at Lt. Ross (Cy Tenney) Park. Bring your kids and friends back down and join us for a Pop Up Pub with Essex County Brewing Co, Granite Coast Brewing Co, and Far From the Tree Cider. Delicious bites will be provided by Champions Pub and Treadwells Ice Cream, and games will still be available for the entertainment of your children (or kid at heart).
Fall For Peabody Festival Schedule Overview:
- 10a: 11-Mile Fun Foliage Ride along the Peabody Independence Greenway Bike Path
- 11a: Kids games + activities begin at Lt. Ross Park (inflatables, lawn games, pumpkin painting, etc.)
- 11:30a-on: Vibe Food Truck, Treadwells Ice Cream, Brooksby Farm Cider Donuts + Apple Cider
- 12p: Kids costume bike parade + contest at Lt. Ross Park
- 1-3p: Crystal Lake activities begin: Curious Creatures, fly fishing demos by Hooked Guide Services, SUP + kayak demos by Kayak Learning Center
- 3-6p: Pop Up Pub begins: Granite Coast Brewing + Essex County Brewing + Far From the Tree Cider
Rain date: October 6th
- To the Friends of the Peabody Independence Greenway Bike Path who are dedicated to the betterment of our city’s Bike Path + greenspaces.
- DJ CaS, for providing music + entertainment
- Newhall Fields Community Farm @ Tillies for providing pumpkins + painting supplies
- Peabody Parks & Rec for providing games, inflatables, + activities, and lots of planning
- To our planning committee, sponsor, Phil Richard Insurance, and the City of Peabody for making this event happen!
- Food providers: Vibe Food Truck, Champion’s Pub, Treadwells Ice Cream, and Brooksby Farm.
- Beverage providers: Granite Coast Brewing, Essex County Brewing, Far From the Tree Cider