COMMERCIAL AUTO INSURANCE
Commercial Auto Insurance Overview
Providing commercial auto insurance policies specifically designed to help protect your business is one of the core commercial insurance services we provide at Phil Richard Insurance. You need policies that will cover your business fleet, car, van or truck. We’re also equipped to set you up with specific insurance coverage for your participation in any of the popular app-based ridesharing services. It’s our job to develop a right-sized commercial auto policy to cover you, your business and your drivers. Making sense of the different auto insurance options on the market today is just one more way our team gets your company out on the road safely and affordably.
Commercial Auto Insurance Key Facts
- You’ll need to purchase commercial auto insurance whether you own or lease a single business car or an entire fleet of vehicles.
- Always set firm driving rules to protect your employees and your business vehicles. These may include mandatory seat belt use, zero tolerance for intoxicants and no cell phone use.
- Before hiring employees to drive company vehicles, take the time to check their driving record with the motor vehicle department for past infractions.
- Limit or ban employees from driving company vehicles if they have a past history of accidents or moving violations.
- Recognize or reward your safe employee drivers, especially in businesses where driving is frequent and essential to the operation of the company.
Be sure to speak with one of our commercial lines experts at Phil Richard Insurance to make sure you have the right combination of coverage for all of your commercial vehicles. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 978-774-4338.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Business Vehicle Insurance?
As a business owner, you need similar insurance coverage for the vehicles you use in your company as you do for your personal vehicles. The Business Auto Coverage Form (BACF) is the most commonly used contract for providing business auto liability insurance.
Does my personal auto policy cover business use?
Your personal auto policy is unlikely to provide enough coverage if the vehicle in question is used primarily in business. Nor will it provide coverage for any vehicle owned by a business.
What vehicles are covered under a commercial auto policy?
In general, you have three options for which vehicles you choose to cover.
- Autos your business owns
- All autos your business owns, hires or leases
- All autos used for the business, including those that your business does not own, hire or lease
Commercial Auto Insurance Service Area
Phil Richard Insurance, located in Danvers, MA, offers Commerical Auto Insurance services to businesses in the North Shore of Massachusetts including but not limited to Danvers, Peabody, Beverly, Salem, Newburyport, Ipswich, Rockport, Gloucester, Marblehead, Swampscott, Amesbury, Georgetown, Lynnfield, Middleton, Hamilton, Wenham, Greater Boston Area, and more. We also serve New Hampshire, Connecticut, and Maine.