For many people, nothing beats lounging in the backyard on the Fourth of July with good friends and family—including furry friends. While it may seem like a great idea to reward your pet with scraps from the grill and bring him along to watch fireworks, in reality some festive foods and activities can be potentially hazardous to him.
Here are some tips for your furry friend on this holiday
- Never leave alcoholic drinks unattended where pets can reach them.
- Do not apply any sunscreen or insect repellent product to your pet that is not labeled specifically for use on animals
- Always keep matches and lighter fluid out of your pets’ reach.
- Keep your pets on their normal diet.
- Do not put glow jewelry on your pets, or allow them to play with it.
- Keep citronella candles, insect coils and tiki torch oil products out of reach.
- Never use fireworks around pets!
- Loud, crowded fireworks displays are no fun for pets.
- Be prepared in the event that your pet does escape
Please enjoy the Holiday 🙂