Flood Insurance Overview

Flood insurance is available to homeowners, renters, condo owners/renters and commercial property owners/renters. Your existing homeowners or commercial property insurance policy will not cover you for flood damage. As the field of flood insurance expands, and local flood-hazard maps are continuously being rewritten, Phil Richard Insurance will be there to help you navigate the various state guidelines and bank requirements. Let us help you find the right flood insurance policy to protect your home, business and assets.

Key Facts About Flood Insurance

  • Typically there is a 30-day waiting period from the date of purchase before your policy goes into effect. Check with us to find out the exceptions to this rule.
  • Flood insurance must be purchased through an insurance agent, such as Phil Richard Insurance. You may not purchase it directly from the federal government.
  • Homes and businesses with federally regulated or insured mortgages in high-risk flood areas are required to have flood insurance. Flood insurance is not required in moderate-to-low risk flood areas, but it is still available and strongly recommended.

Phil Richard Insurance provides sound advice on the risks you face and the coverage you need, depending on your location and the value of your home or business.

See what our clients have to say:

I Just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy working with Jackie Montes. She’s the best! She’s efficient, professional, and always on the ball. It’s a pleasure to deal with her!! She has helped me out tremendously with getting all our insurance requirements for the Compliance Depot (nightmare!) and I can always count on her to get my COI out in a timely manner. I never have to worry about anything when I deal with her.

Excellent staff member!!

Tina W. April 19, 2017


27 Garden Street

Unit 1B
Danvers, MA 01923


Office Hours

Mon – Fri:

9am – 4:30pm

Sat – Sun: